The Lucky 7 Meme...

I've been tagged by Amber Clites in The Lucky 7 Meme...

The Rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know







Well, I'm going to have to *cough* cheat *cough* on this one, as my current WIP has just been re-started from scratch, as I wasn't happy with the voice. So instead I will use my finished novel Santos, as this definitely has more than 77 pages (my current WIP has been downsized to 8 from 88, nice symmetry don't you think? shame it wasn't the other way around...)




So, here goes...



Demuse started to believe this might actually be happening, and she swooned. Barely managing to catch herself, leaning against the wall again. She looked at the creature, the gargoyle, before her. This was definitely a turn up for the books. She either suffered a delayed concussion, or she actually might be the chosen child from the mythological tale of the Messenger sent from the past. She tried to choose the first option, it felt saner. But again, the Messenger spoke, insistent little creature.
‘Your name?’
‘Great, it wants to know my name. This is perfectly sane,’ she sighed. ‘I can either play along here, or walk off. What do you think I’m gonna do?’ a blank expression stared at her from the wall. Great. ‘Fine, I’ll play.’ And then something strange happened inside her mind. Stranger than the appearance of the gargoyle in the first place. It felt like a switch had been flicked, and all the light of a summer’s day filled her mind. Then she spoke.
‘I am Demuse, from the clan of Fallon.’ Her voice sounded crisp and clear to even her own ears, her usual lilting tone and sloppy enunciation completely vacant from her words now. ‘I have come here, tonight, upon your presence, as was predicted by the great leader Lillieth. I bow to her grace.’ Feeling her body pull into a deep bow she tried to shake whatever this was off, she stood up straight and silent instead.
‘Her grace be with us. And ours with her. What year is this?’
‘It is two thousand years since you were last summoned.’
‘You are well versed in the story of your prophecy?’

And now for my 7 tags... 
Jennifer Fischetto 
Jolene Stockman
Traci Kenworth
Sara Biren
Jenna Cooper
Carolin Seidenkranz
Julie Daines


I hope you all enjoy the sneak peak into Santos, it was quite fun to find the 77th page and read back what I'd written. I was also shocked to find it coincided with the exact point where my main character finds out about her destiny! Spooky stuff...

Comments

  1. Loved your passage, and it definitely left me wanting to read more! This challenge was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really interesting story! I love gargoyles. Thanks for the tag!

    I lived in England for a year and a half growing up. I've been back many times. I'm really excited because this June I'm finally taking my kids to the UK to see all of my favorite places. I'm always jealous of anyone who gets to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, gargoyles. I never liked or even noticed them much in the past. Then a few months ago I developed a fascination with them. I always thought they were evil, not protective. Now I think they're super cool.

    Anyway, interesting snippet. Sounds like a cool story.
    Thanks for tagging me, Karina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karina,

    Thanks for the tag! Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Action vs Adventure or I'm a die hard Princess Bride fan

Happiness