I'm pretty sure today is Wednesday... which means film day, but first I would like to thank the wonderful Amber Clites for awarding me the Kreativ Blogger Award!
And to receive the Kreative Blogger Award, I must:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link. (Thanks again Amber!)
- List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
7 Interesting Things (some of which at least one person in the world might find interesting... somewhere)
1 - I am a huge film fan (I think I've mentioned it once or twice...) and I have a film collection that is growing far too quickly (I think I'm well past the 200 mark now)
2 - Although naturally blonde I've over-dyed my hair over the years... so I have to keep dying it as the colour follicles have passed away...
3 - I speak 5 languages, three with a native fluency as I was brought up in Spain
4 - I sometimes go weeks without writing, but when I do I suffer from really bad insomnia
5 - I can start reading a book, put it down for a year and come back still knowing exactly what point I was up to...
6 - I suffered from terrible shyness as a kid, and still to this day I have the odd moment of feeling completely out of my depth around people (even on blogs!)
7 - A lot of my story ideas and characters first appear to me in dreams. I like them, so decide to keep them... then the more I think about them, the more I dream about them!
I honestly was going to nominate 7 people, but I've been so out of the loop that a lot of you have already received an award! So instead I'm going to cheat, and I want you to tell me off for it... I want anyone reading this, who is following me and hasn't been awarded, to award themselves and then comment below telling me off for not following the rules properly! (if you send me a link to your post I will add it on this post)
And now for the Wednesday Is Film Night part of the blog!
This is something I definitely missed writing during my week of stress! Week 3 is all about... Your favourite action/adventure movie
I was going to say this one is a tough one, but then I would say that about anything where I have to make a choice, especially one film related! I could opt for the classic or use my usual quirky twist... instead I might make a mash up! They do this kinda thing on Glee all the time.
So my two choices are Die Hard (I count them all as one epic film) and The Princess Bride (which is a film all about adventure, sword fights, true love and giants)
I love both these films. And instead of trying to convince myself or you of which is best, I'm going to list the reasons why I love them so much and let you all make up your minds!
Die Hard, the reasons
1 - Bruce Willis.
2 - Bruce Willis covered in sweat and dirt but still winning (not to be mistaken for reason 1)
3 - The best celebratory line in film "Yippie Ki Yay Mother******" it expresses everything it has to in a few simple words.
4 - My brother and I have watched these films together from when we were kids, so they hold great Christmas memories!
5 - Although the plots may be crazy, John McClane is by far one of the best characters in film as far as I'm concerned. He's a New York cop, he's a family man, he's troubled but has a loving side... all the good and bad aspects of his personality make him the great hero he is, because he's such an unlikely hero...
The Princess Bride, the reasons
1. Action, adventure, romance, giants, fencing, duels to the death, rodents of unusual size, miracles, flesh eating eels.... there is nothing this film doesn't have.
2. Cary Ewles - I could drown in those eyes...
3. True love. From when I was a kid this has always been one thing I believed in. It's out there, we just need to find our Wesley... though funnily enough my "boyfriend" when I was about 3 was called Wesley. My mum told me a while back that once, when I saw him, I fainted like a movie star... I love that even at 3 I was dramatic!
4. The script. It's witty, clever, inventive. It's a script I wish I'd written! From the beautiful "As you wish", to Miracle Max, to "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" There are too many brilliant moments in this film to mention, so you should just watch it!
5. It's an adaptation of a book, as a writer this is something I always find exciting. I love when a film is as good as the book (or possibly better, just look at High Fidelity!)
So there you go! My two favourite action/adventure films... they both have a place on my shelf and in my heart! I'd love to hear from all of you which is your favourite action/adventure? Are you like me and struggle to pick just one? Do you have a favourite of the above two films? And now I'm going to get a proper night sleep (no more insomnia after I've done some writing! fingers crossed) wish me luck!